Embedded software engineers responsible for design, develop, debug and modify embedded software programs from specific requirements throughout a defined embedded software life cycle. Embedded software is the software controlling the processors such as microcontrollers and digital signal processors built into (or embedded) in various products.
- Full embedded software lifecycle application development.
- Interpret written business requirements and technical specification documents.
- Object-oriented Analysis and Design (OOA and OOD)
- Software modeling and simulation
- Front end graphical user interface design
- Coding and debugging applications in various software languages.
- Software analysis, code analysis, requirements analysis, software review, identification of code metrics, system risk analysis, software reliability analysis
- Create, document, and implement unit test plans, scripts, and test code.
- Investigate, analyze and document reported defects.
- Create and maintain technical documentation using defined technical documentation templates.
- Performance tuning, improvement, balancing, usability, and automation
- Integrate software with existing systems
- Evaluate and identify new technologies for implementation