EMG will always protect and maintain your privacy. This policy outlines how we collect, store, use and disclose the personal information that you provide us with. This Policy also confirms EMG’s obligations under the Privacy Act 1988 (including the National Privacy Principles).
- Why do we collect personal information?
EMG is required to collect certain details of your personal information in order to provide you with metering services and products. If you don’t provide us with the information required, we may not be legally allowed to provide you with the products and/or services you want.
- What personal information do we collect?
We may collect information such as your name, physical address, email address, telephone number, and employment history.
- How do we collect personal information?
We collect personal information in a number of ways, including:
- When you complete a EMG job application, service enquiry form, or similar
- From other companies in the EMG group
- From third party companies such as government entities
- From publicly available sources of information like market research providers
- When you visit our website, and other pages that we own and manage
- When you visit external pages through one of our portals
We may also collect information by other means and will take all reasonable steps to inform you if and when we do.
- How is your personal information used?
The personal information we collect may be used for a number of purposes related to providing you with metering services including:
- Processing orders or applications to become a customer
- Managing your account
- Dealing with enquiries or complaints and other customer care activities
- Carrying out market analysis and product analysis and development
- Contacting you about our products and services and those offered under other brands that our group owns – which may include marketing these products to you
- Training our staff
- For any other purposes that would be reasonably expected
- For other purposes, EMG will obtain your consent to use your personal information
- How to opt-out of marketing materials?
If you’d rather not receive communications about our latest products and services, you can opt out. Just contact our webmaster and we'll do the rest. Just be aware that we will still need to send you essential information about your account, and/or changes to your service or plan.
- Who may we provide your personal information?
EMG may disclose your personal information both within and outside Egypt to:
- Our service and content providers, dealers and agents, contractors and advisers
- Our meter manufacturers and repairers
- Other companies in the EMG group
- Your authorised representatives or legal advisors
- Our professional advisors including lawyers, accountants, tax advisors and auditors
- Regulatory or government bodies for the purposes of resolving customer complaints or disputes both internally and externally or to comply with any investigation by one of those bodies
- Any other person or for any other purposes that would be reasonably expected
- How accurate is the personal information we hold about you?
We take all reasonable measures to ensure that the personal information we hold is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, the accuracy of your information is largely dependent on what you provide us. To ensure that we have your most current and accurate personal information, please contact us when your information changes (e.g. if you change your name or address).
- What security measures do we use to protect your personal information?
The security of your personal information is given a high priority. We take all reasonable steps to securely store your personal information so that it is protected from unauthorised use, access, modification or disclosure. This includes both physical and electronic security measures.
If you think your personal information may be inaccurate, incomplete or out of date, you can request it to be updated.
- How can you report a breach of your privacy?
If you believe your privacy has been compromised, please contact our webmaster and fill in the Privacy Breach form that will be provided to you and return it to the address provided. A member of our Privacy team will contact you within 10 business days.
- Contact us
For any other questions regarding privacy, please contact our webmaster.
Our postal address is: EMG Customer Care, Plot No. 154/173, Industrial Zone "2", 6th of October City, Egypt.